The Children’s Movement of Florida is seeking a student intern for the summer semester, to be based at our Miami headquarters or remotely anywhere in Florida. The intern will report to the head of legislative affairs, and assist with daily activities and special projects across organizational priorities.
- Conduct research on early childhood policy, advocacy, and related issues
- Attend and report on community meetings and events
- Assist in planning and executing outreach events
- Provide administrative support in the office as needed and help maintain database/add new contacts
- Attend legislative engagement meetings and events
- Monitor legislative activity during the 2022 session
- Assist in campaign development through research, calls, and developing resources
- Assist with marketing, campaign development, and communications as needed
- Demonstrated interest in early childhood policy and advocacy in the state of Florida
- Strong interpersonal skills, willingness to learn, and ability to work within a team
- Strong writing skills
- Must be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate or graduate program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Reliable transportation to attend meetings, presentations, and events outside of the office
- Bilingual is a plus
- Experience with Canva/design skills a plus
Minimum 20 hours a week and a 3-month commitment (June to August). The Children’s Movement does NOT provide housing or transportation. Academic credit or a modest stipend of $500 a month will be offered.
How to Apply:
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter to Gerrit Van Lent at Gerrit.VanLent@childrensmovementflorida.org with the subject line: "Summer Internship”.