The Children’s Movement of Florida is seeking a student intern for the spring 2024 (January 23 - April 21), to be based at our Miami headquarters or remotely anywhere in Florida. The intern will have an opportunity to work across departments, assisting with daily activities and special projects relating to advocacy, communications, and early childhood policy.
- Conduct research on early childhood policy, advocacy, and related issues
- Attend and report on community meetings and events
- Assist in planning and executing outreach events
- Provide occasional administrative support, such as help to maintain database/add new contacts
- Attend legislative engagement meetings and events
- Assist with marketing, campaign development, and communications as needed
- Demonstrated interest in early childhood policy and advocacy in the state of Florida
- Strong interpersonal skills, willingness to learn, and ability to work within a team
- Strong writing skills
- Must be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate or graduate program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Reliable transportation to attend meetings, presentations, and events outside of the office
- Bilingual is a plus
- Experience with Canva/design skills a plus
Minimum 20 hours a week and a 3-month commitment (January - April). The Children’s Movement does NOT provide housing or transportation. Academic credit or a modest stipend of $500 a month will be offered.
How to Apply
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter to Heidi Travis at Heidi.Travis@childrensmovementflorida.org with the subject line: "Spring Internship"